Workshop 2011 - Smolenice castle
On 11- 12 October 2011 ABmerit, Trnava, Slovakia and Institute of Landscape Ecology of the Slovak Academy of Sciences (SAV) organized the workshop on "Parallel computation in modelling of radioactivity and Methods of remote sensing".
Place: Congress Centre Smolenice of the SAS,
Zamocka c. 18, 919 04 Smolenice, Slovakia
The aim of the workshop was to present approaches, to exchange information and to enable non-formal discussion about development, research and applications in the field of radionuclide dispersion calculations, radioactivity modelling and remote sensing methods.Non-negligible time was planned for discussion and presentation of calculations regarding the Fukushima Daiichi event.
TOPICS OF THE WORKSHOP
- Methods and methodology of remote sensing – input paper (Eva Smejkalová, ABmerit).
- Parallel computing for radiological impacts assessment during nuclear accident - input paper (Dušan Suchoň, ABmerit).
- Data assimilation in the process of source term evaluation, radioactive cloud dispersion and impacts modeling - input paper (Peter Čarný, ABmerit).
- Implementation of Lagrangian Particle Dispersion Model (created on FLEXPART model) into real time running nuclear emergency system based on the methods of parallel computing (Dušan Suchoň, ABmerit).
- Modelling of Fukushima Daiichi reactor core and spent fuel pool inventories (Monika Krpelanová, ABmerit)
- Modelling of Fukushima Daiichi releases (source terms) (Peter Čarný, Monika Krpelanová, ABmerit).
- Modelling of dose rate detector response in the vicinity of the place of release with use of the MCNP code (Ludovit Liptak, ABmerit)
- Modelling and simulations of Fukushima Daiichi atmospherical dispersion with special focus on possible radiological impacts to the territory of Europe (Dušan Suchoň, Peter Čarný, ABmerit).
- Modelling and simulations of Fukushima Daiichi atmospherical dispersion with special focus on radiological impacts on surrounding Japan territory (Peter Čarný, ABmerit).