Conferences / workshops organised by ABmerit
"Some aspects of nuclear emergency preparedness and response,
parallel computation in modelling of radionuclides dispersion and
application of remote sensing techniques"
workshop organized by ABmerit, Trnava, Slovakia
Institute of Landscape Ecology, Slovak Academy of Sciences
Date: April 01-03, 2014
start: 1st April at 12pm, end: 3rd April at 12pm
Place: Hotel Patria
Štrbské Pleso, High Tatras, Slovakia
Info about Accommodation: The workshop is organized for invited participants. The list of participants has already been closed.Info about Time Schedule: programme_workshop
Our goal is to present approaches and methods, to enable exchange of information and to enable informal discussion about research and development in radiological / nuclear emergency response, calculations of radionuclides dispersion, modelling the ionizing radiation and aspects of R&D in the field of remote sensing methods.
- Remote sensing methods: example of real application in system for radiological impacts assessment;
- Source terms categorization on the base of radiological impacts;
- METEO data and urgent protective measures: data measured at NPP location (on site)/ numerical weather prediction data;
- Prediction of time available for implementation of urgent protective measures;
- Effect of dispersion model applied (PTM and LPM) on calculated radiological impacts;
- New conversion factors for response of teledosimetric system “on the fence” of NPP;
- Simulator of radiation situation for severe accidents;
- Probabilistic approach to calculations of radiological impacts of normal operational effluents (IAEA/ MODARIA);
- ESTE Analyst: tool for the crisis staff - software for off-line analysis of dispersion and radiological impacts assessment.